One of my favorite ice cream flavors growing up was chunky monkey. I mean, who doesn’t like banana, peanut butter and chocolate together?
I was unaware that chunky monkey had walnuts in it, but once I made this, I understood why. The walnuts add this perfect extra nutty flavor that combines well with the bananas and chocolate.
When I shared some with my dad, he said he could eat it every day. I was so glad to hear that because granola was never something he bought at the store growing up. He’s more of a bread and peanut butter for breakfast kind of person.
This incredible granola is:
If you like walnuts, peanut butter and chocolate, you’ll for sure love this granola! Enjoy!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts (or walnuts)
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 small or 1½ medium medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chopped dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large rimmed baking sheet or large cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Mix into oats.
- Melt coconut oil with peanut butter in the preheated oven or microwave. Pour into oats.
- Pour maple syrup into oats and mix until well-combined.
- Transfer oats to lined baking sheet and spread out evenly with a large fork.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Stir every 5 minutes with a large fork to keep from burning. Let cool completely. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Serve with almond milk and sliced bananas.