Mmmm… Just think! A warm cup of coffee and a moist banana almond butter donut. Boy, does that sound amazing right now!
As long as you have a donut pan, these are super easy to make. If you need a donut pan, click here. They’re super cheap!
These amazing donuts taste perfect with coffee. You can dip it right in and enjoy the banana-y goodness!
There’s almond a fudgy quality to these donuts. They’re super moist and almost melt in your mouth. I always like to add extra toppings to my donuts. Try adding some chopped walnuts and cacao nibs to yours, like I did.
These donuts got raving reviews from everyone who tried them. People said they were “moist, but not too sweet.” They’re just sweet enough!
You can make them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert!
Banana and almond butter go together like peanut butter and jelly. There’s no better combination.
These incredible donuts are:
If you like donuts, you’re gonna love this healthy alternative. You’ll have a hard time believing they’re healthy!
- 1 large egg
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- FOR FROSTING:
- 4 Tablespoons almond butter
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: 3 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease donut cavity with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar together until.
- Mash banana and whisk into egg mixture.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or preheated oven. Pour into egg mixture with vanilla.
- Add each dry ingredient, stirring between each addition.
- Stir in almond butter. (Make sure no clumps remain.)
- Cut the corner of a plastic baggie and use it as a pipe to squeeze the dough out evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- To make the frosting, stir together almond butter and maple syrup in a small bowl and use a butter knife to spread it evenly on each donut.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts and cacao nibs on top.