Boy, this has been a week! I moved back into the dorms last week and it’s been anything but a smooth transition.
I was already quite bored from break, but when I got back, there weren’t many people here and nothing was really happening around campus. I was beyond bored. There were two days where I hardly left my room and got over 12 hours of sleep. It wasn’t good.
Thank goodness for my incredible friends because without them, I’d still probably be bored out of my mind. My best friend came back the day before classes started and once she was back, everything was much better. My classes are relatively easy this semester and my life feels much more stable and organized than last semester. All in all, I feel good about this semester and I’m sure more great stories and friendships will come out of it.
Anyways, to the bars! These delicious bars are sooo gooey and decadent. I’m absolutely obsessed. If you can’t tell from my millions of posts, I am completely crazy about this flavor combo. Banana, peanut butter, and chocolate (I hope we can all agree) is just the best. It just is.
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together in the microwave or preheated oven.
- Add to medium-size mixing bowl and stir.
- Add banana and mash to combine.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and stir to combine,
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Let cool, then cut into 9 squares.