These are just about the easiest things to make! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a blender.
I’ve been working out a lot lately, so I’ve been needing more protein. Pancakes are super satisfying after a tough workout, which makes these the perfect post-workout treat!
When choosing protein powders, it can be hard to know which ones are the best for you. I’ve done a ton of research on the topic and I’ve found the best tasting (but still good for you) protein powder is Tera’s Whey bourbon vanilla.
This recipe has a WHOPPING 27 grams of protein, which is much more than most recipes. Plus, it tastes just like regular pancakes. Some protein pancake recipes, in my experience, taste sandy and gross. These are just the opposite. They’re fluffy and delicious.
This recipe taught me that blueberries, banana and peanut butter make an excellent combo.
These pancakes are:
filling (they really hit the spot after a workout)
packed full of protein (with 27g!)
super easy to make
covered with creamy PB
- ½ medium banana, mashed
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Tera's whey)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or other milk
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, gently rinsed
- olive oil or coconut oil (for cooking)
- optional: 1-2 Tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- In a blender, blend all ingredients (except blueberries) until combined.
- If it's too difficult to blend, add enough almond milk to make it easier.
- In a medium or large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Once oil is hot, scoop 3 Tablespoons batter into separate parts of the pan.
- Once bubbles form in the center, flip pancakes.
- Cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with peanut butter on top.