I loooovvvveee oatmeal so much! I usually make it pretty plain, though, so I wanted to switch it up a bit. I decided to make it extra blueberry flavored. Just adding blueberries wasn’t enough, so I popped them so the juice would be absorbed into the oats. It was so delicious!
Whenever I eat too much the night before or eat a ton of unhealthy food, I turn to oatmeal to cleanse my system of all the bad stuff. It hasn’t let me down so far.
Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast for cold winter mornings. I especially like to drink a cup of hot coffee with my oatmeal. The only thing is, oatmeal makes me really dehydrated, so I need to make sure I drink a cup of water after eating it.
I absolutely loved this oatmeal! Blueberry juice tastes so amazing with almond milk.
And… What could be better with blueberries and hot oats than coconut whipped cream? Nothing! That’s what!
This perfect blueberry oatmeal is:
…and it warms you from the inside out!
If you like oatmeal and blueberries and you’re looking for a hot breakfast that warms you from the inside out, try some blueberry pie oatmeal! And, try it with some coconut whipped cream on top.
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats or rolled oats
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed + more for topping
- 1-2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons coconut whipped cream
- 1 Tablespoon walnuts or pecans (optional)
- In a small frying pan, heat oats over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Pour in almond milk and blueberries. Continue to cook until milk starts to simmer, stirring continually to keep from hardening.
- Once simmering, lower heat to medium-low and continue to cook until almond milk is almond completely absorbed.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in maple syrup. Top with blueberries, coconut whipped cream and nuts.