Cauliflower rice is the next big thing! If you haven’t tried it already, you definitely should.
Cauliflower is so overlooked. I have to admit; raw cauliflower is quite gross. However, when it’s shaved into rice-sized pieces and cooked in a skillet, it tastes TO DIE FOR! I could seriously eat it every day.
There’s so much you can do with it:
Serve with stir fry
Make fried rice
Put it in burritos & wraps
Serve with baked tofu
All you need to make cauliflower rice is a large head of cauliflower, a cheese grater, a large skillet, a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
The best thing about this recipe is how low calorie it is compared to regular regular rice.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Rinse cauliflower and dry well.
- Remove leaves and cut white parts into medium-sized chunks.
- Use a cheese grater and shave each chunk of cauliflower (using the medium holes on the grater.)
- Remove any remaining water with a paper towel.
- TO COOK:
- Sautee grated cauliflower in large skillet over medium hear with 1-1.5 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Cover and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with salt or other seasoning.
- Serve warm.