I know; it seems too good to be true! Finally a smoothie that tastes like an extra creamy chocolate shake and is also super good for you. No, it’s not a dream. This is real life.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this smoothie. I’ve already made this for a quick on-the-go breakfast a few times and I’ve been super happy with it.
I know; sometimes the idea of avocado and chocolate can seem a bit odd, but they taste really great together. Especially when mixed with maple syrup!
Avocado makes smoothies so deliciously creamy. It’s my go-to ingredient for chocolatey foods that need a little fat and creaminess.
One entire smoothie is a bit filling. If you’re not one to eat an entire bowl of chocolate ice cream, you may want to only make half of this recipe.
This smoothie is:
Chocolate lover’s heaven
Full of healthy fats and protein (7.9 grams!)
If you thought you liked chocolate before, you’re gonna love this smoothie.
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or soy yogurt (for vegans)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve right away.