The first time I tried this, I thought for sure someone had sneaked a bunch of sugar into the bowl when I wasn’t looking. It’s unbelievable how sweet and healthy this is at the same time.
Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is:
a food processor,
& dark chocolate
I want this every day. It makes a really nice dessert for breakfast, which is one of my favorite things. This truly is chocolate lover’s heaven.
I always keep overripe bananas in my freezer, just waiting to make some of this delicious ice cream.
I know I’ve said peanut butter was my favorite nice cream flavor, but I think this might top that. It’s:
Super duper creamy
Plus, it satisfies even the most fatal chocolate cravings!
Enough talk. If you’re a chocolate lover, you’re gonna absolutely love this recipe.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1.5 ounces extra dark chocolate, chopped
- optional: ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extracr
- Slice bananas and freeze in an airtight container or plastic baggie overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Let bananas thaw for 10-15 minutes before blending.
- In food processor, blend bananas until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, dark chocolate and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or freeze in an airtight container.
- When ready to serve, let container thaw a bit before attempting to scoop.