We all know chocolate and oatmeal go together, but this just takes that combination to another level.
Overnight oats are great for those of you who need a quick breakfast on your way out the door. Fortunately, I don’t have that problem too often, but when I do, I love to make easy recipes like this! It only has a few ingredients, too!
Some overnight oats recipes are just LOADED with sugar. I’ve found honey and maple syrup both to be super delicious alternatives. You can really use either when it comes to maple syrup, but personally, I prefer the taste of honey.
I think everyone ought to try overnight oats at some point. My other favorite overnight oats recipe is from a post a few weeks ago: Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats.
These incredible overnight oats are:
Quick & easy
Chocolate lovers are really gonna love this! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1½ Tablespoon mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- In an empty jar or nearly empty peanut butter jar, combine rolled oats and chia seeds.
- Pour in almond milk and stir to combine.
- Add Greek yogurt and stir.
- Stir in cocoa powder until evenly combined.
- Stir in honey and chocolate chips.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight. Serve within one day of preparing.