I can’t think of a better way to celebrate my taste buds getting back to normal than to drink an entire milkshake. Remember those delicious chocolate chip cookies we made during Christmas time? We’re gonna need those again.
Being sick really reminded me that my body is my number one priority. I need to feed it, take care of it and be grateful for every bit of food. It’s important to eat healthy and exercise, but what’s important to remember is that everyone needs a real treat every once and a while. And who says a treat means something unhealthy?
This milkshake is:
Your daily dose of healthy fats
& the perfect Friday night treat
I thought I’d make a recipe video this time. I really do love making these videos, so prepare for many more in the future.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 soft dates, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ - 1 chocolate chip cookie
- Optional toppings:coconut whipped cream
- ½ chocolate chip cookie, crumbled
- Scoop out coconut cream (leaving out the clear liquid) into your blender.
- Combine remaining ingredients except chocolate chip cookie in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add chocolate chip cookie and blend a few seconds.
- Pour milkshake into 1 tall glass or 2 small glasses and top with whipped cream and crumbled chocolate chip cookie.