I think we can all agree that the best part of oatmeal is the toppings.
This one might just be my favorite: blueberries, hazelnuts, melted dark chocolate, banana and toasted coconut. I haven’t always been a fan of hazelnuts, but they’re SO good in oatmeal… I just couldn’t help myself. Plus, they’re even better with chocolate and coconut.
This is another delicious combination: bananas, almonds, cacao nibs and kiwi. Something about kiwi and chocolate is unexpectedly amazing.
I think this one is my favorite: pomegranate seeds, blueberries, strawberries, banana, melted dark chocolate, blackberries and kiwi. What’s so great about chocolate oatmeal is how much like dessert it is.
This oatmeal is:
If you’re a fan of oatmeal, but want to spice it up a bit, this is a great recipe to try! I’m a total chocoholic and this is by far my favorite breakfast.
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- toppings: cacao nibs, kiwis, melted chocolate, peanut butter, bananas, blueberries, hazelnuts, toasted coconut, etc.
- Toast oats in a medium frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add milk and cacao powder.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring whenever milk froths until milk starts to simmer.
- Once simmering, lower heat to medium-low and continue to stir until milk is nearly all absorbed.
- Transfer oats to a medium bowl and stir in honey.
- Add toppings.