It’s almost Christmas, so it’s finally time for recipes with chocolate and peppermint. I can’t wait for you guys to try this one!
This is going to be a full week of recipes. Get ready, because I plan on posting 1 Christmas cookie recipe every day this week. It won’t be easy, but I’m up for the challenge if it means you get to try all of the amazing cookies I created.
This is a special week, so indulge in cookie heaven! And do it with these amazing and fudgy blossoms.
It’s absolutely amazing how much this blog has changed my life. I seriously can’t tell you guys enough how much I appreciate everyone’s support. I will be creating recipes for a long time, so your support means a lot to me.
These cookies are:
- ¾ cup coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 and ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons strong coffee or espresso
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 and ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4-5 candy canes, finely chopped
- 26 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Soften coconut oil (if not soft already) by microwaving 10-15 seconds. (Should be soft, but not melted.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil, Greek yogurt and coconut sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs and coffee and whisk to combine.
- Add cocoa powder and whisk to combine.
- Add baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add flour in 2 batches, stirring until dough forms.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll 1½-inch balls of dough and spread out on cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, until firm, but still soft. (Will harden)
- Meanwhile, unwrap Hershey's kisses and finely chop candy canes.
- Immediately press Hershey's kisses into center of each cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie with candy cane pieces and gently press into cookies. (so it sticks)
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Cool on rack and repeat with remaining dough.
* Store cookies by leaving out for 4-8 hours, then storing in air-tight container in room temperature for up to 4 days. (Store in freezer to keep longer)