You have no idea how much I’m craving this right now. I haven’t had a home-cooked meal in so freakin’ long. It’s starting to drive me insane.
Luckily, my new college friends and I are planning to have a substantial home-cooked dinner tomorrow. I’m going to be the head chef because… I guess when you have a food blog, that’s just kind of how life is. I’m not sure what to make for them yet, but pasta sounds like a great idea.
I also want to make dessert, but I have this fear that the oven is going to set on fire and everyone will have to evacuate the building. It’s a totally irrational fear, but somehow I still can’t shake the thought of it. Maybe I’ll make vegan brownies or chocolate cake. Comment or email any suggestions you have. I’d love to hear from you guys.
This pasta is
the perfect family meal (boy do I miss those)
- 1 cup cooked green lentils (no salt)
- 1 and ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 5-6 mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- optional: ¼ cup feta cheese or shredded parmesan
- 5-6 basil leaves
- Cool lentils, according to the instructions for your lentils. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, sautee minced garlic and onion.
- Once garlic is crispy, add mushrooms.
- Once pot of water begins to boil, add spaghetti. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Pour canned tomatoes into skillet. Add garlic powder and salt. Stir occasionally, until begins to bubble.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and pour into skillet. Stir to combine.
- Thinly slice basil and stir into pasta. If desired, also add feta cheese.
- Serve hot with extra basil and feta cheese.