I sure am grateful to have such a long break from school. It has been very therapeutic to rest my mind and my body from the stresses of school.
This is the year I have decided to eat more vegan food. It’s always easier for me to eat vegan when I’m back home because thankfully I have parents who support it, but I definitely have a challenge ahead once I go back to campus. It sure isn’t easy with the very limited choices they have in the dining hall.
There was a short period of time a few years ago that I tried going raw vegan. It was very cleansing, but not cooking my food was such a challenge. Every now and then I try to eat raw vegan for at least a couple days. It’s always so refreshing. I highly recommend trying it.
I discovered rawnola about a year ago on Pinterest. Once I tried it, I was hooked. I probably ate rawnola for breakfast every other day for nearly half a year. This stuff is addicting.
- 16 pitted dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened raisins (or other dried fruit)
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor, pulse pitted dates until a soft caramel ball forms.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add date caramel to mixing bowl and stir until chunky granola forms.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a dry place.
- Serve with almond milk.