Coconut whipped cream has been something I’ve been meaning to try for quite some time now. I’m so glad that I did because it has completely changed the way I think about coffee.
It’s so easy to make. All you need is:
2 cans full-fat coconut milk
2-3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Hand mixer or mixing bowl
Some people just refrigerate their coconut milk as is, but I like to flip mine upside down to refrigerate it. That way, when you open the lid, you can just pour out the watery part and scoop out the coconut cream on the bottom. This isn’t necessary, but it does make it easier.
Make sure your coconut milk is FULL FAT!
Some people like to add a ton of sweetener to their coconut whipped cream, but I think 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup is just enough.
This delicious coconut whipped cream is:
Sweet (but not too sweet)
Delicious in coffee and on oatmeal
If you decide to make this delicious and fluffy whipped cream, you need to put it in your coffee! When it starts to melt, it makes the coffee so perfectly cream and sweet. Mmmmm… Just thinking about it makes me want a mocha.
Once you whip up a batch of this deliciousness, you’ll be all set for life. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated upside down overnight
- 2-3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the coconut milk upside down overnight.
- Chill the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before making the whipped cream.
- Carefully remove cans from the refrigerator and use a can opener to lift the lid.
- Pour out the watery layer on top into a large bowl.
- Scoop out the bottom coconut cream layer into the chilled mixing bowl and use mixer or hand mixer to whip the cream on medium until light and fluffy. Do this for all 3 cans.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- Serve on fresh fruit, granola, oatmeal or coffee.
- Save remaining whipped cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Honey can also be used instead of maple syrup, but I didn't think it tasted as good.