This dish is my new obsession! I’ve been making it almost every day.
There’s nothing more satisfying than eating a huge warm bowl of healthy and filling pasta after a vigorous workout.
The peas, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms in this pasta make the perfect accent to the cheesy avocado sauce.
Once you make this for the first time, I promise you’ll want to make it again and again.
The amazing thing about this pasta is that it’s actually healthy. I used to think all pasta dishes were super bad for you, full of starch, lacking nutrients and drenched in salty and fatty sauces. Not this time!
Feta might just be the best part of this pasta. It pairs perfectly with the avocado and peas.
This pasta is:
Full of healthy fat
The perfect reward after a workout
Enough talking… Let’s get to it! I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about this dish. I think you’ll love it just as much as I do.
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon basil pesto (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions on package.
- In a large frying pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Mince garlic and slice mushrooms. Add to olive oil and cook until lightly browned. Before fully cooked, add frozen peas and continue to cook until peas have thawed and become lightly toasted. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl. mash avocados, pesto, salt and lemon juice.
- Slice cherry tomatoes.
- Strain cooked pasta and combine with mashed avocado. (It will take a while to fully combined.)
- Add cooked garlic and mushrooms to pasta and gently stir.
- Sprinkle feta on top.
- Serve hot. Save extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator.