I think it’s fair to say that fall is in full gear. The leaves are changing, the air is getting crisper, and warm meals are starting to become a necessity.
My biggest craving this time of year is oatmeal. When the air begins to change, there’s nothing like a warm bowl of oats first thing in the morning. My favorite addition to my oats is peanut butter, but homemade Nutella or melted chocolate are delicious as well.
I’ve been getting creative with oatmeal lately and this is one of my favorite recipes. Pumpkin is a fall necessity. Am I right?
This oatmeal is:
The perfect fall breakfast
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- optional toppings: natural peanut butter, walnuts, banana slices, pumpkin seeds
- Combine oats and almond milk in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Continue stirring as needed.
- Cook until oats are fully cooked.
- Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- If you prefer sweet oatmeal, stir in maple syrup.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with toppings of choice.