It’s been a long week. No, that’s a YUGE understatement. See what I did there? From my trip to D.C. to finals; I couldn’t be more tired.
I know I’m not the only one who feels depressed because of the outcome of the election, but lately I can’t help being in a never-ending funk. Every day, I grow more and more fearful of the future. When I try to remain calm, I remember that the only reason I can do that is because of my privilege.
On a lighter note; I traveled to D.C. to witness the largest march in history. Yep! I’m talking about the Women’s March on Washington. It was the first march I’ve ever been to, because remember I am only 17, but I have to say, it might have been the most amazing day of my life. It sure was hectic and stressful at times, but in the end, I felt crazy empowered and hopeful for the first time in a long time.
Eating is something I’ve been doing to numb the pain lately. I know… I’m going against my own advise. It’s horrible. I’m going to be completely honest with you guys, I’ve gained 10 pounds since the election results in November. It’s been really hard for me to get back on track because the stress isn’t going away any time soon. I have decided to go on the Whole 30 diet, though, and I cannot wait to shed some of this stress weight ASAP!
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) brussels sprouts, halved
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and air dry brussels sprouts.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Mince garlic and stir into brussels sprouts.
- Spread out onto a roasting pan or large cake pan.
- Roast 30 minutes on top rack of oven. Stir after 20 minutes.