Sweet potato fries might just be the best thing ever invented. What could make them better, you ask? Smothering them with coconut whipped cream and drizzling dark chocolate and peanut butter all over them, that’s what!!
What’s best about these fries is that they’re actually healthy. You could totally trick someone into thinking they weren’t healthy, too! Try it! Make a batch and try it out on someone. Tell them they’re “dessert sweet potato fries” and when they say how delicious they are, tell them the fries are healthy.
I finished applying to college and my Quarter finals are finally over! I decided to drop chemistry because I can’t for the life of me understand anything the teacher says. So, I’m pretty psyched about that! Even though I have to take the D+ I got in chemistry; I never have to take it ever again! I’ll be celebrating with these fries and you should join me.
These fries are:
The perfect girls night treat
Great for satisfying your chocolate cravings
- 2 medium sweet potatotes
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-2 Tablespoon creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut whipped cream
- optional: 3 Tablespoons chopped nuts
- Cut each sweet potato down the middle. Cut down the long way into 5 sticks. Cut those sticks into skinny fries. (See photos to get proportions right.)
- Soak fries in cool water 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 445 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry fries thoroughly with paper towel or clean dish towel.
- Place fries on lined baking sheet, leaving space between each fry. (No need to leave too much space.)
- Toss fries in olive oil and maple syrup. (Cover as much as you can. No need to coat all of the fries.)
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Flip each fry. (You may want to let fries cool a bit before doing this.)
- Bake another 8-12 minutes, until desired crispiness.
- Prepare coconut whipped cream.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring between each time.
- If desired, melt peanut butter in microwave. (It should only take a few seconds, but time will vary depending on type of peanut butter.)
- Prepare fries on large plate.
- Scoop coconut whipped cream into the center.
- Drizzle melted chocolate and melted peanut butter on top.
- Sprinkle nuts and any other desired toppings on top.
- Serve right away.
* Nutrition facts will vary.
* Make sure you eat them right away. If you wait too long, the fries in the middle will get soggy and the chocolate will harden.