Cookies can be for breakfast, too…
Honestly, I was pretty surprised that these turned out so good. I’m a picky eater and I’ve never been a fan of mixing too many flavors, but in this case, the flavors go really well together.
I love these cookies SO much because of their countless ingredients. My favorite is, of course, the chocolate and pecans.
And of course you can’t just have one.
Everyone who tried one loved it. Even those who were also picky eaters. It was a pleasant surprise.
What really makes healthy cookies taste good is coconut oil. Sometimes it can be tricky to use, though. It’s hard to know how long to refrigerate it or not to refrigerate it at all. Luckily, I mastered these on the first try. It’s so nice when that happens.
Cookies have never been this flavorful.
Full of flavor
For picky eaters and adventurous eaters alike, these cookies make a perfect nutritious mid-morning snack. Plus, it tastes like dessert… and who doesn’t like dessert for breakfast?
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins or cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons dried unsweetened coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melted coconut oil in oven or microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg. Add to batter.
- Add salt, baking soda, oats, greek yogurt and flour. Stir until combined.
- Chop nuts.
- Stir in raisins, chocolate, nuts and coconut.
- Use your hands to form 17 balls (roughly 1-inch)
- Place cookies on lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once chilled, press down about ¼ inch on each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until firm to the touch.