I’m drooling so much! Peanut butter & jelly has never looked so good… or grown up.
Finally school is over! This grown up version of a childhood classic is my way of celebrating. I’m finally done with junior year. Yay! I really have to make this summer count because it’s the last normal one I have left as a kid. It sounds a bit depressing now that I think about it, but it’s all the more reason to have even more fun this summer. I know, with what I have planned for the blog, I’ll be having some incredibly delicious food!
I thought I liked peanut butter & jelly sandwiches before, but I had no idea that it could be taken to this level of deliciousness. It’s not only smooth and indulgent, but it’s also perfectly crunchy and wholesome. I couldn’t ask for a better packed lunch.
This incredible PB&J sandwich is:
Smooth & Creamy
Nutty & Crunchy
You might have thought you liked PB&J before, but you’ll never go back once you try this.
- 4 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3-4 Tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons low-sugar jelly
- 2-3 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons peanut halves
- 2-4 teaspoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- On a large surface, lay out all slices of bread.
- On 2 slices, smear peanut butter.
- On the other 2, smear jelly.
- Slice strawberries. Sprinkle evenly over peanut butter slices.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top.
- Close each sandwich.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt 3 teaspoons coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is completely melted, grill sandwiches.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown.
- Flip, then cook 1 more minute on other side.
- Once both sides are golden brown, slice in half and serve warm.