Nachos are my favorite junk food. By far! But, how can you really enjoy something that gives you guilt and makes you feel sick afterwards?
I’ve recently discovered the most amazing chip brand, Beanitos. My favorite chip is their pinto bean one. I love how much healthier they are than corn chips.
These nachos have:
Lots of protein & fiber
Less cheese (a.k.a. fat)
more veggies than fast food nachos
I think there’s no reason nachos shouldn’t be colorful.
These nachos have an incredible 22.4 grams of protein in them! That’s crazy. Since they’re also full of carbs, I think they’d make a wonderful post-workout snack.
Whenever I’m doing a recipe makeover that has cheese in it, I like to use feta instead. It doesn’t always work, but in this case, I still used a little but of mozzarella, but also used feta.
If you’re hosting a party or movie night, these nachos make a great snack.
- 1½ oz bean or corn chips (I used Beanitos pinto bean chips)
- 3 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup unsalted canned beans, rinsed
- 1-2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato or 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 black olives, sliced
- 2-3 Tablespoons feta
- optional: handful of spinach or kale
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread chips out on the bottom of any size baking pan
- Sprinkle mozzarella, rinsed beans, chopped onion, tomato, sliced olives and feta evenly over the top.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until mozzarella has melted.
- Serve warm with guacamole or salsa.