I’ve been trying to drink more smoothies lately since I went a little off track with my diet. I decided to focus more of my energy on healthy eating and exercise – yoga specifically. I’m hoping it will help me be more mindful and less stressed about school.
I’ve been pretty much bed-ridden with a cold for the past two days and I’ve come to realize how truly amazing and thoughtful my friends are. My neighbor heard me coughing late last night and brought over cold medicine, vitamin C, and chamomile tea. What a sweetheart. Then, the next day, my friends stopped by my room to give me NyQuil and a box of tissues. I really have the sweetest friends. I feel so lucky.
School has been crazy difficult lately and I’m sure the stress is the reason I got sick. I’ve been making smoothies for almost every meal to get back to normal as fast as possible. I wish I could make this smoothie right now. It’s so refreshing and tastes like a milkshake.
This smoothie is:
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ cup boiled sweet potato
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ cup ice cubes
- 1½ Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- optional toppings: walnuts, natural peanut butter, dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Top with walnuts, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Serve right away.