Who doesn’t love a moist slice of banana bread for breakfast? There’s nothing better than a warm slice with a cup of coffee on a cold morning.
This banana bread is very soft and moist. A slice of this banana bread, a Tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a cup of coffee makes the most perfect breakfast in the world!
I used to make banana bread with white flour and tons of cane sugar. I’m so proud to say that this banana bread is not only just as delicious… if not more, but it’s also much healthier!
This banana bread is great all on its own, but I’m sure it would also taste amazing with add-ins, like nuts, blueberries or chocolate chips.
How can something so dreamy exist?
This banana bread reminds me of bakery banana bread. It has a very similar texture, moisture and comforting qualities.
With such wholesome ingredients, you’d never guess it’s healthy!
This banana bread perfection is:
Very nutritious, especially compared to most other banana breads
If you like bakery banana bread, you’re gonna love this recipe! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium very ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: ½ cup chopped nuts, blueberries or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium loaf pan with olive oil and flour it.
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Lightly beat eggs and mash bananas. Stir both into the dry ingredients.
- Melt coconut oil in the preheated oven or microwave and stir into the dough.
- Mix Greek yogurt and vanilla into dough and stir until fully-combined.
- If desired, gently fold in add-ins.
- Transfer dough to greased loaf pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan. Once room temperature, cut bread into 10 slices.
- Keep in loaf pan and cover with tin foil. Store in room temperature.