Caramel is tricky when it comes to eating healthy. The combination of butter and sugar is just so undeniably delicious. Luckily, there are nutritious alternatives, like dates and maple syrup that taste perfectly caramel-like.
There’s so much you can do with this sauce! Let’s list the ways:
Stir into coffee
Drizzle over oatmeal
Pour over pancakes instead of maple syrup
Dip apples in it
Serve over healthy ice cream
I seriously love caramel sauce SO much. It doesn’t get much better than this. If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think. I’d also love to hear the ways you used it.
This caramel sauce is:
Buttery without the butter
Great on so many things
- 6 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Blend dates in food processor until it forms a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until soupy. (Scrape sides as needed.)
- Transfer to jar with lid.
- To store, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.