Healthy Grocery Shopping
ON A BUDGET
It can be difficult to eat healthy when money is tight. I thought I’d put together some tips to help you make the most of your money without spending it all on groceries.
1. Make a list and add to it every week.
2. Choose foods that are in season. (Foods that are out of season are unreasonably expensive.)
3. Stock up on whole grains. (oatmeal, brown rice, lentils, etc.)
4. Stock up on bananas. (They’re high in potassium, super sweet and very cheap.)
5. Choose store brand products. (They’re generally cheaper.)
6. Go to Trader Joe’s. (They’ve been known for having organic produce for unbelievably low prices.)
7. Visit the bulk section. (They have things like nuts & granola for a reduced price.)
8. Consider going to Costco. (They’re great for things you need a ton of, like oatmeal and apples.)
9. Go to the farmers market for produce.
10. Start your own home garden. (It’s a great way to save money on produce.)
11. If you live near a farm, consider joining CSA.
Check out these other awesome pages!