Chocolate, hazelnuts and maple syrup, OH MY! I can honestly say I’ve never tasted something so heavenly in my entire life.
It’s not only the most delicious food in the entire world, but it’s also super easy to make!
Is anyone else drooling? I sure am.
I can’t believe this chocolate hazelnut spread is healthy. It’s incredibly nutritious, with only 80 calories and only 3.3 grams of sugar, compared to Nutella’s 100 calories and 10 grams of sugar.
Nutella has been my biggest weakness throughout the years. On countless occasions, I’ve eaten an entire roll of Ritz crackers with a heaping pile of Nutella on every cracker. Now, I can eat a ton of healthy Nutella without any guilt.
This is an example of a slightly thicker Nutella. The less you blend the Nutella in the food processor, the thicker it will be. I prefer mine a bit thicker because you can really taste the hazelnuts better that way.
I don’t have to tell you that spreading Nutella on toast is truly the way to go!
This chocolatey spread is great with strawberries and bananas. i dipped strawberries in it and wiped it on a banana for breakfast. It was delicious!
This healthy chocolate hazelnut spread is:
Great on basically everything!
If you like Nutella (and who doesn’t?) then you’re gonna absolutely LOVE this recipe! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts, with or without skins
- ⅓ cup chopped 80% dark chocolate
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Roast hazelnuts by baking for 15-20 minutes at 275 degrees F.
- Process roasted hazelnuts in a food processor for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped dark chocolate and process another 3 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and process for 15-20 minutes, or until desired smoothness is achieved.