Snickerdoodles have never been my favorite cookie, but these have made me think twice.
These cookies are perfect for cinnamon lovers. The heavenly spice from these cookies is amazing! There’s nothing like a warm cinnamon-y cookie around the holidays. Just add a coconut mocha and I’m so in.
Eating healthy can be hard around the holidays. I sure am having a hard time. It’s tempting to take every opportunity to eat comfort food. My favorites lately have been mochas and muffins. I can’t wait to get back on track. And so can you by making cookies like these when you’re craving something sweet and comforting.
These snickerdoodles are:
Covered in cinnamon goodness
- 1 and ½ cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- TOPPING: 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla and almond milk and stir to combine.
- If coconut oil is not soft, soften by microwaving a few seconds. (should not be so soft that it melts)
- Add coconut oil to dry ingredients and stir until dough forms.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Roll 1 and ½ inch balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten with palms. (they won't spread hardly at all in oven)
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- Cool on rack.