Brown rice is a must have for healthy eaters! Though, there are good and not-so-good ways to prepare it. I’ve explored the many ways to make brown rice and I think I have finally mastered it. Enjoy!
Step 1: Measure 1 cup medium grain brown rice.
Step 2: In a fine mesh strainer, run rice under cool water.
Step 3: In a saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat.
Step 4: Once oil is hot, add rice to saucepan and cook until fragrant.
Step 5: Add 2 cups water to saucepan and increase heat to medium-high.
Step 6: Once water is boiling, cover with lid and lower heat to low.
Step 7: Simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until all water is soaked up. (Be careful not to overcook, as this will make the rice dry.)
Step 8: Transfer to a bowl and serve warm!
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups filtered water
- Rinse rice in fine mesh strainer under running water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add rice to saucepan and cook until fragrant.
- Add water and raise heat to medium-high.
- Cook until water starts to boil.
- Lower heat to low and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve warm.