I’m not gonna lie; frappucinos are my guilty pleasure. Sure, they’re practically made of ice cream, but we can all agree that they taste amazing.
I’ve been trying to master coffee drinks lately because we just got a new espresso maker and I’m a little obsessed with it.
I love how icy and refreshing frappucinos are, which led me to thinking about what made them that way. I did some searching and most copycat recipes either used ice cubes and milk or milk ice cubes. So why not almond milk ice cubes?
I’m really confident that you guys are gonna love this recipe. It’s definitely a MUST TRY! These frappucinos are:
Sweetened just enough
Perfect at the end of a hot day
- 8 unsweetened almond milk cubes
- 1 cup very strong coffee, chilled
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- optional: 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2-3 squares dark chocolate, chopped
- optional toppings: coconut whipped cream and melted dark chocolate
- Pour almond milk into an ice cream mold and freeze until frozen.
- Brew coffee, measure 1 cup, transfer to bowl, cover with a plate or tin foil and refrigerate until cool.
- Place coffee, almond milk cubes and dates to high speed blender.
- Chop dark chocolate into small pieces. Add to blender.
- Blend on high until ice cubes are broken apart and frappucino looks foamy.
- Quickly transfer to tall glass and drink right away.