It’s almost Halloween! Yay! Who’s ready for days of hot chocolate, dressing up as demons and eating tons and tons of candy? Not me. I’ll be eating healthy treats because who needs Reese’s cups and twix bars when you have these incredibly high protein (and VEGAN) peanut butter cups?
I’m so excited for the Halloween “spooktacular” that my dad and stepmom throw every year.
It sounds really silly, but I’m planning on going as my dog Rudy. He’s never experienced a Halloween with us and I guess it’s my way of celebrating the amazing year we’ve had with him.
I used to stuff my face with candy after going trick-or-treating as a kid, but I’m so glad people grow out of that. I think I was in eighth grade when I decided not to go anymore. I felt too old for it and I didn’t want to become one of those obnoxious “big kids” who throws eggs and toilet paper at houses on Halloween.
- 1½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2½ Tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- Line muffin tin with 6 paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt chopped chocolate with 1½ Tablespoons coconut oil.
- Pour ½ melted chocolate evenly into 6 cups.
- Freeze 13-15 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- In a medium bowl, melt coconut oil.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Take chocolate out of freezer and add evenly over each chocolate.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate on top.
- If desired, use a toothpick to swirl peanut butter around with chocolate.
- Freeze 25-30 minutes to harden.
- Before eating, move to refrigerator.