I love that this frittata is 100% butter-free! I created this recipe when I was sick of eating out and not knowing what’s really in the food you order.
Don’t you hate when you order something at a restaurant and you can just tell that your food has 50% more butter, sugar or salt than necessary? I do, and I think the only solution is to ask the server to use less of those things, when ordering. Or, even better, just make it yourself.
My photography is getting much better. You may not be able to tell from these photos, because well… they’re pretty crummy, but I can assure you, the photos to come are SO much better! I’ve invested so much more time and money into making my photos look more professional and creative. I’m super excited to show you whats to come.
I think, if this frittata could get any better, it would be if you added mushrooms. I can see that working out really well. Maybe I’ll make a mushroom frittata recipe sometime soon.
This frittata is perfect for brunch get-togethers. I made this for my family on a Sunday morning and it was the absolute perfect food.
This frittata is:
Full of protein
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch OR dinner!
I’m a big fan of feta, so if you are too, I think you’ll really love this recipe. Try it out the next time your friends come over to your house.
- 1½ Tablespoon olive oil + more for greasing pan
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup baby kale or spinach,
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta crubles
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and grease a pie pan with olive oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Add to skillet and sautee until light brown, stirring occasionally, to keep from burning.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add garlic and onions, kale, cherry tomatoes, half of the feta and salt to eggs and stir.
- Pour eggs into greased pie pan.
- Sprinkle remaining feta on top.
- Bake 34-38 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool slightly.
- Serve warm.