Smoothie bowls are my new favorite food! There’s no end to what you can add to them. There’s chocolate-y, nutty, fruity, crunchy and so much more.
Kale is great in smoothies. With just the right amount, you can mask the bitterness and detox your system at the same time. I like to use freshly squeezed orange juice (the unpasturized kind from Whole Foods) to overpower the flavor of kale in my smoothies.
Summer sure has been great so far. I can finally spend some quality time with my pups. That’s what inspired me to create a page to introduce you to them.
Sometimes I get a little carried away when I’m putting toppings on my smoothie bowls. My favorite toppings are:
Peanut butter or almond butter
Melted dark chocolate
This smoothie bowl is:
- 2 frozen medium or large bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) baby kale or shredded kale
- ½ fresh peach, rinsed and sliced
- Optional toppings: remaining peach slices, strawberry slices, granola, chia seeds
- Thaw frozen bananas for 5-10 minutes to slightly soften.
- In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients on high until smooth.
- Pour into a large, wide bowl and sprinkle toppings on top.
- Serve right away.
* For a more hearty texture, add 3 Tablespoons or ¼ cup rolled oats.