Let me introduce you to the most amazing invention since the light bulb… Halo Top ice cream. I discovered the stuff on Instagram and I instantly fell in love with the idea of healthy ice cream. When I saw that they started selling it at Whole Foods, I jumped at the chance to try it! I was shocked to find that it tasted just as good as regular ice cream. It actually tasted better because it didn’t give me that yucky sugar coating on my tongue after eating it. You know the feeling, right? Well, you won’t get that after eating Halo Top.
I literally eat this ice cream three times a week. I can’t get enough of it. They just came out with a ton of new creative flavors, but my favorites are: chocolate, chocolate mocha chip, chocolate chip cookie dough and sea salt caramel. All are under 400 calories PER PINT!
The best thing about this ice cream is that it’s crazy low-calorie. At first, I didn’t believe it. I thought, “How can a whole pint of ice cream only have 16 grams of sugar and 240 calories?” That’s insane, right? Well… apparently everything I thought I knew about ice cream is wrong.
I know you guys will love this recipe! There’s nothing better than healthy ice cream… except maybe healthy ice cream blended with almond milk with whipped cream and melted chocolate on top. Oh yeah! You heard me.
This frozen hot chocolate is:
The perfect healthy milkshake fix
- If you want to make toppings, prepare coconut whipped cream before hand.
- To melt chocolate for glass and topping, melt chocolate with coconut oil in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each time until melted. Drizzle ¾ melted chocolate in a medium glass.
- Combine ice cream and almond milk in a high-speed blender and blend on high. (You may need to add more almond milk o blend completely.)
- If needed, break apart chunks with a fork.
- Pour into cup and top with coconut whipped cream and remaining melted chocolate.
- Drink right away.