Creamy, smooth and comforting! Hot chocolate is the best cure for winter blues.
Winter in Minnesota can definitely be as miserable as everyone says. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through the cold, dry, snowy days is a ton of french fries and a hot chocolate.
Once again, coconut whipped cream comes to the rescue! It’s the perfect way to top off a cup of chocolatey goodness and make it even creamier than it already is.
When I’m super cold, I like to curl up on the couch with my dogs, a blanket and a comforting hot chocolate and watch Harry Potter movies. I mean… what could be better than that?
My dad absolutely loved this hot chocolate. He’s not one for sweet drinks, so I knew this was a huge success!
This hot chocolate is:
Chocolatey & dreamy
Warms you from the inside out
If you’re a fan of hot chocolate and Nutella, you’re gonna absolutely love this delicious spin on a classic.
- If you haven't already, whip up a batch of healthy Nutella.
- In a medium saucepan, heat almond milk over medium heat.
- Once milk is warm, stir in cacao powder and stir until dissolved.
- Chop dark chocolate and add to milk with healthy Nutella. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and Nutella is mostly dissolved.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Slowly pour into 2 large mugs, keeping the tiny bit of hazelnut butter at the bottom in the saucepan.
- Prepare coconut whipped cream.
- If desired, top hot chocolate with whipped cream and melted dark chocolate.