Did someone say peanut butter? And honey? AND banana?
There’s no better combination than this!
Breakfast should be a special occasion on the weekends. My favorite weekend breakfast when I was a kid was chocolate chip waffles, bus as of lately, it’s this french toast!
Peanut butter is just about the most delicious food on the planet. But, somehow it’s even better with honey and bananas.
The great thing about french toast is that it’s so soft and absorbs all the flavors you add to it. In this case, the honey is perfectly absorbed and comes out in every bite.
I could eat this every day!
I have to warn you! These are super addictive! You’re gonna want to make this every weekend… No, every day. It’s:
Soft & Fluffy
If you thought you liked french toast before, you don’t even know the half of it.
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (for the pan)
- 3-6 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium baking pan or low bowl, whisk eggs with almond milk and maple syrup until light and fluffy.
- Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture for 1 minute on each side and place dipped pieces on a plate or cutting board.
- In a medium frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, cook 1 piece of bread. (The first few pieces will cook very quickly.)
- Flip once bread is almost done, but not quite. The next side will only take a few seconds to cook.
- Flip several times, until both sides are cooked.
- Place each finished piece in the oven.
- Repeat with each piece. Once all are done, make three sandwiches with the peanut butter, honey and banana. Cut each sandwich in half and serve warm.