It’s national peanut butter day! Yeah! I didn’t know that was even a thing, but what’s better than an entire day devoted to peanut butter? Nothing comes to mind.
These bars are not hard to make. If you have these ingredients around the house, you’ll definitely want to bake a batch of these.
I am in love with peanut butter. Seriously! If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, I’d most definitely pick peanut butter. It’s great on and in pretty much everything from french toast to brownies.
It was very hard not to eat all of these bars in one sitting. They truly are to die for! They have a gooey, chocolatey, fudgy center that is literally the most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted! Everyone who tried these said they were delicious and I have to say, I completely agree!
These perfect oatmeal bars are:
a bit crunchy
filled with hearty oats
These bars are great for sharing. Even though I was tempted to eat all of them, it felt really great to hear such high praise from my friends and family.
If you like peanut butter and chocolate chips, (and who doesn’t?) then you should definitely make a batch of these delicious bars!
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- ½-2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8x8 baking pan with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg.
- Add each dry ingredient, stirring in between each addition.
- Melt coconut oil in the preheated oven and stir into batter.
- Stir in almond milk.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and bake for10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely and save in an airtight container in room temperature.