The best gifts come in small packages. The same goes for these incredible things.
I’ll admit, I make a batch of these 3-4 times a week. They’re my all time favorite mid-morning or post-workout snack.
I love how many different toppings you can use with these dates. You can try adding:
whole grain cereal flakes
These amazing dates are:
packed with flavor (you’d never guess)
the perfect snack for pretty much anyone
There’s no reason that anyone should not try these! They’re super easy to make and incredibly delicious, so stock up on dates because it’s time to get snackin’!
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 6 teaspoons natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- Additional toppings: slivered almonds, granola, unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped peanuts
- Line a large plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt chocolate with coconut oil in microwave in 15-second intervals until completely melted, stirring between each one.
- Pit dates and cut each one open, down the middle (the long way), not cutting all the way through.
- With a teaspoon, scoop ½-1 teaspoon peanut butter into the center of each date.
- Close each date. (It's okay for some peanut butter to be bursting out.)
- Dip each date into melted chocolate and roll around to cover all surfaces.
- Place dates on lined plate. Immediately sprinkle toppings on top.
- Refrigerate to harden.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.