Tofu is just one of those things that you either love or hate. I get a lot of eye squints when people see me eat tofu, which made me super determined to create a tofu recipe that is undeniably dreamy and delicious.
I have no doubt in my mind that you guys are going to squeal with joy when you try it. I’ve honestly never eaten better tofu than this.
If you don’t think you’re a tofu fan, you’re really gonna want to reconsider and try this recipe. You won’t be sorry.
The best part of this recipe is the marinade. It’s so sweet and salty. I love it sooo much! I had so much left over when I made this that I put it on everything for like a week. It’s best on cauliflower rice and veggie stir fry.
This tofu is:
Perfect (if I forgot to mention earlier)
Sweet & Salty
Great over cauliflower rice
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce (I recommend low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly grease parchment paper with olive oil.
- Drain tofu and dry thoroughly (but gently) with paper towel or clean cloth towel by pressing on sides and soaking up liquid.
- Place tofu block (big side down) on one end of a clean cloth towel. Fold towel over so the block is covered on top and bottom.
- Place a heavy plate or medium pan on top of the block and let sit for 15-20 minutes to soak up liquid.
- Once dry, on a cutting board, cut block into 1-inch cubes or rectangles.
- Arrange pieces on lined baking sheet, making sure they don't touch. (If you made rectangles, arrange them with the large side down.)
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Flip tofu pieces with small tongs or fingers (cool off a bit if using fingers.)
- Bake another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a low large bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Once tofu is done, soak in sauce for 10 minutes, flip and soak another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice and/or cooked veggies.
- Store extra in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.