I’ve never been much of a fan of quinoa… until now!
Without extra flavor, quinoa can taste bland. I set out to add maximum flavor with pesto, onions, garlic and feta cheese. It doesn’t get much more flavorful than that.
This quinoa is:
Surprisingly low fat
This delicious quinoa is great hot or cold. I had some for leftovers and it was amazing.
- 2½ cups quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup pesto
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup feta
- Cook quinoa and stir in pesto.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sautee onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add mushrooms and spinach to skillet. Continue to sautee until cooked through.
- Once cooked, add sauteed vegetables to quinoa. Add salt and stir until combined.
- Serve hot with feta sprinkled on top.