It’s still pumpkin season, so even if you’re feeling like by now you might have a pumpkin addiction, you’ve got more pumpkin recipes to try!
Thanksgiving is going to be so much fun this year! You have so many recipes to try that won’t make you feel sick after you eat them. You know that feeling you get after Thanksgiving where your stomach feels gross, your head hurts and your body is exhausted? Well, you can avoid all of that by making healthier Thanksgiving recipes.
Let your family know how much you love them by making them a delicious treat that is actually good for them.
This French toast is:
The perfect Thanksgiving day breakfast for the Fam!
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup + more for serving
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- oil for pan (I used olive oil)
- pecans for serving
- coconut whipped cream for serving
- If you want to serve all at the same time, preheat oven to 250 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large, low bowl, whisk almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, soak bread in egg mixture for 1-1.5 minutes. (immersing completely)
- Cook until firm on each side.
- Meanwhile, soak another slice of bread in egg mixture.
- Place in oven once done.
- Lower stove heat to medium-low.
- Repeat with remaining bread.
- Between cooking the last few slices, chop pecans and prepare coconut whipped cream.
- Serve warm with coconut whipped cream, pure maple syrup and pecans.