Boy, do I love avocados! I mean, they not only taste incredible, but they’re also packed full of healthy fats and nutrients. What could be better than that?
I had never baked an avocado before this. At first, I was skeptical about the whole idea, but I came around super quick once I tried these.
I cannot stress enough how incredible these are! They’re:
Full of healthy fats
One bite of this and you’ll want to make it for every meal!
These would make a perfect light lunch or dinner.
I don’t see why you couldn’t also make thee for breakfast! I mean, who doesn’t like avocados for breakfast? All you would have to do is make the quinoa the night before.
The tomatoes and onion make these taste like guacamole.
The feta cheese makes these super delicious and cheesy. If you toast them long enough, the feta will start to brown on the top, which gives them a nice, robust taste.
If you’re a fan of guacamole, you’re gonna absolutely love these!
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half
- 1½ cupscooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles + more for topping
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits by piercing them with a large knife.
- With a small knife, gently cut the avocado flesh in a grid formation, without cutting too deep, near the skin.
- Scoop out most of the avocado into a medium-large bowl. (Keep the skins near.)
- Stir in the quinoa, feta, chopped onion, chopped tomato and salt. Stir until well-combined,
- Scoop evenly into each avocado skin and sprinkle extra feta on top of each one.
- Place in a loaf pan, leaning against sides, to keep upright. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until feta is lightly browned.