I know what you’re thinking… Quinoa in cookies? How can it be? That’s a good question. It might be hard to believe, but quinoa doesn’t taste any weirder than oatmeal does in cookies. It actually tastes super good!
This recipe requires you to cook quinoa before hand. Luckily, I’ve got you covered. Just check out my how to cook quinoa page to find out how!
Walnuts, chocolate and quinoa go surprisingly great together. I absolutely love this combination!
These yummy cookies are:
Perfect for a healthy mid-morning snack
If you like chocolate and walnuts, you’ll love these nutritious and delicious cookies.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar or date sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and greek yogurt.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or preheated oven. Add to dough and stir until combined.
- Fold in walnuts and dark chocolate.
- Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 8 minutes.
- Form 16 even (roughly 1-inch) balls of dough and place half of them on the lined baking sheet. Press down on each ball of dough into cookie shape. (They won't spread out very much.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and hardened. Let cool completely and save in airtight containers in room temperature.