Ever wondered what it would be like to eat a huge spoonful of Nutella without a bit of guilt? Well… this is a bit like that, except the Nutella is in cookie form and it’s actually good for you.
It’s been a long time since I’ve eaten Nutella. I used to eat Nutella by the spoonful straight from the jar and by the pile on Ritz crackers every night. I know, super healthy, right? NOT!
These cookies are my jam right now. I could literally eat these every day. Snacking is kind of a big no-no on my new diet, but 2 of these with a soy latte for breakfast is just perfection.
So, you might be wondering what my new diet is all about. This summer has really brought be back quite a few steps with my weight. It’s funny because I’ve been working out more than ever. I’ve been doing yoga every day, going for jogs and hiking. The problem is my eating. We’ve been going to lots of parties where the food is amazing and there’s so much of it. I have a hard time eating just a small amount of something. Sadly, I’ve gained about 10 pounds since last year when I lost all that weight. It kind of sucks, but this is my opportunity to re-direct life and get on the right track again. I can’t wait.
These amazing cookies are:
easy to make
the best snack on planet Earth!
- ¾ cup raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts to break apart.
- Blend hazelnuts until sandy texture.
- Pit dates. Add to food processor and blend until combined, scraping sides as needed.
- Add cacao powder, vanilla, dark chocolate and salt to food processor. Blend until ball forms.(Make sure you do not over-process. See 2nd photo.)
- Roll out six 1½ inch balls with palms. (If too sticky, dampen hands with water. You can also roll out smaller balls and eat as bite-sized cookies.)
- Either keep as is or flatten slightly to make into cookies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.