You really can’t go wrong with dark chocolate and caramel… unless it has a ton of refined sugar. Luckily, you can now snack on super sweet & salty chocolate without worrying about all the unwanted sugar, fat and calories.
Doesn’t that look so dreamy? Any chocolate lover will find this treat super delicious and perfect for on-the-go snacking.
Since it’s made with nutritious date caramel, you can enjoy it’s incredibly sweet taste and yummy ooey gooey texture without any refined sugar. It’s really incredible that such a thing exists. It really does make me so happy that such a thing exists.
Pecans have been my newest obsession lately. If I get within reaching distance of them, I can’t help myself from grabbing at least 2 handfuls. I especially love them on top of oatmeal. They add a wonderful crunch and heartiness to the chocolate that pears very nicely with the caramel.
My favorite snack/guilty pleasure lately has been Bark Thins. My favorite flavor is the dark chocolate sea salt & pumpkin seed. They call them “snacking chocolates,” but they’re really just a great way to feel guilt after eating a whole handful.
Now you can eat a whole handful without any guilt whatsoever.
Mmmmm… What a sight! Chocolate has never looked so good, which is really saying something since chocolate is pretty much the most delicious food on the planet.
This chocolate is:
Sweet & salty
If you’re a fan of chocolate, then you have to try this recipe.
- 150 g (5.25 oz) 85% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- 4 Tablespoons date caramel
- Large pinch of sea salt
- Line a cutting board or baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Chop chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each time, until it's completely melted,
- Pour melted chocolate over parchment paper and spread with a small spoon into a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle pecans over the melted chocolate and lightly press into it.
- Use your fingers to pull clumps of caramel apart and shape into long strands. Scatter the strands around the pecans.
- Sprinkle sea salt evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for about 8 minutes, or until completely hardened.
- Crack pieces apart.
*You can add other toppings, like walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds or cacao nibs.