Fettuccine Alfredo was my favorite Italian dish when I was little. Whenever I went to a restaurant that had it on the menu, I just had to order it. I wish I had this recipe sooner, because maybe then I would have thought twice about putting that much fat and calories into my body. This recipe is definitely a must try for healthy eaters who aren’t looking to sacrifice taste!
Its hard not to squeal with excitement at the thought of a healthier alfredo sauce. You won’t believe how much it tastes like regular alfredo, too. There’s no way you’ll ever go back to creamy and buttery pasta after trying this.
It’s called “skinny” for a reason.
Garlic is the magic ingredient in this sauce. Without it, there would be no zing.
I was surprised at how creamy this sauce turned out without any heavy cream or butter. Plus, it has much less calories. This sauce is:
great for family meals
a hit with kids and picky eaters
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup grated fresh parmesean
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- Saute garlic in oil until light brown, stirring occasionally.
- Pour milk, vegetable broth and salt into pan and increase heat to medium.
- Cook until hot to the touch.
- Add parmesean and stir until melted into sauce.
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from clumping.
- Lower heat to low and gently whisk sauce for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over noodles and garnish with basil leaves and cracked black pepper.