I absolutely LOVE this recipe! Brown rice risotto is my go-to dinner after a long day. I truly can’t live without it!
This amazing risotto is:
The only thing better than risotto is risotto with feta cheese. I cannot stress enough what a huge difference it makes.
Feta is my go-to cheese when it comes to adding flavor. I absolutely love it. I like to sprinkle it on my avocado toast and on salads.
If you know someone or are someone who doesn’t love veggies, but is in desperate need of their nutrients, you should for sure try making this. You would never guess that it even has vegetables in it; it’s that good!
I made this delicious dish for Thanksgiving this year and it was a huge hit. If you’ve got an event planned and need to make dinner for a group, try making some risotto to put a smile on their faces. It works like a charm.
- 4¼ cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ cup long grain brown rice
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sautee onions and garlic until lightly browned, stirring to keep from burning.
- Once vegetable broth is simmering and onions are lightly browned, pour both into a medium-large pot with a lid. Pour in the rice and stir to combine.
- Bake for 45 minutes, covered.
- After it has baked for 45 minutes, in a medium frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms, spinach and salt until spinach cooks down completely. Pour into baked rice. Bake for another 10-20 minutes, or until rice has fully absorbed the rice.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle feta on top. Serve hot.