Did you know that you can make ice cream with just 1 ingredient? When I discovered banana “nice cream,” my relationship to ice cream changed forever (for the better) and I’m so excited to introduce it to you.
All you need is frozen bananas and strawberries.
Of course, I had to add a bit of chocolate.
My favorite ice cream growing up was chocolate. It always was and always will be. But, I have to say, strawberry is one of my favorite flavors for banana nice cream.
It’s basically a refreshing fruit smoothie in ice cream form.
I absolutely LOVE how low-calorie this ice cream is. Compared to regular ice cream, this is so much healthier and makes a great substitution to curb weight loss cravings.
This nice cream is:
Naturally super sweet
Great for breakfast bowls
If you thought you loved ice cream before, you have to try this delicious and much healthier alternative!
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- optional: 2 Tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Slice bananas and freeze in an airtight bag or container overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Once frozen, let bananas and strawberries sit in room temperature for 20 minutes to thaw a bit.
- In a food processor, pulse banana slices and strawberries. Once small chunks form, blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
One of the many amazingly delicious things you can do with banana nice cream is make breakfast bowls, like this: