Yum! Strawberries & healthy Nutella make the perfect pair… especially in between amazing french toast!
This incredible french toast is super easy to make!
If you don’t have some healthy Nutella, you can substitute Justin’s hazelnut chocolate spread.
This is so dreamy! I made mine with extra healthy Nutella which was an absolute delight.
What could be better than even more chocolate on top?
Bananas are also a great addition to this recipe. You can also use bananas instead of strawberries if you want. Nutella and strawberries go together like peanut butter and bananas. If you haven’t tried this combination already, you really need to!
One bite and you’ll be in heaven.
This french toast is perfect for birthday breakfasts! Instead of waking up to waffles, try waking them up to french toast.
This french toast is:
Warm & comforting
If you like french toast and Nutella, you’re gonna love this healthy alternative!!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- coconut oil, for cooking
- 3 Tablespoonshealthy Nutella
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- In an 8 x 8 pan or large, wide bowl, combine eggs, egg white, almond milk and maple syrup.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture for 30 seconds on each side.
- In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Cook each slice of bread for 30 seconds. Flip and cook until other side is cooked through.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the pan between each slice.
- Once all slices are cooked, spread 1½ Tablespoon healthy Nutella on 3 of the slices.
- Slice strawberries and place over Nutella.
- Make sandwiches with remaining french toast and cut in half.
- Serve with melted dark chocolate and coconut whipped cream.