Sweet potatoes have been my newest obsession. I have yet to try sweet potatoes in sweet things like muffins, waffles and cookies, but there will be plenty to come!
To be honest, this recipe came out of all that was left in our kitchen. Luckily, some of the best things come from accidents.
This delicious and nutritious skillet is:
The perfect meal after a long, busy day
If you’re anything like me, you’re not thrilled about eating veggies. Luckily, there are so many great ways to make veggies taste amazing, like adding lemon, garlic and frying in olive oil. It’s worth a try!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse and cut sweet potatoes into ¼ inch slices.
- Rinse and cut brussels sprouts in half.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sautee sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, garlic and onion until onions are browned and sweet potatoes are soft. Pour lemon juice on top.